Dental Implants in The Gambia
Milestone Dental Clinic offers dental implants in The Gambia.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implantation is a surgical fixture placed into the jawbone in order to support some type of tooth replacement that can fuse with the bone after some months. The dental implant acts as a replacement for the root of a missing tooth.
Dental Implantation uses multiple treatment options, and the most common is a single tooth replacement.
Three main components regarding dental implant in The Gambia for one missing tooth
- Implant body: At first, the root of the missing tooth is replaced by a dental implant body. It’s done by making strong bonding with the surrounding jawbone. The newly implanted body is not visible to the naked eye since it’s planted under the gums.
- Abutment: It provides the basic structure or frame onto which the dentist develops the dental restoration. It attaches to the implant body and protrudes out of the gums.
- Implant Crown: As its name indicates, a dental crown replaces a missing tooth. It provides a cover for the abutment and work by restoring the normal tooth shape, function, and appearance.
How much do dental implants cost in The Gambia?
Dental implant cost ranges from $1000 to $1500.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Natural and improved appearance: They look and feel like one’s own teeth because dental implants are made to fuse with the bone and create a restoration that emerges out of the gums so they become permanent.
- Improved comfort and ease: As they become permanent like your other teeth, there is no need to remove dentures off and on.
- Provides ease in feeding: Unlike other tooth replacement options, where chewing food is difficult, dental implants function like one’s own teeth and gain strength from the jawbone. So chewing is not a problem.
- Durability: A good dental implant with appropriate maintenance, has a success rate higher than 95%. With great care, a dental implant may last for a lifetime.
- Promising oral health: An implant does not require reducing other teeth or any other preparation to the adjacent teeth as it anchors within the bone. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Preserves jawbone – The jawbone holds the teeth in their place. When a tooth is missing, the jawbone slowly shrinks. A dental implant prevents the shrinkage of the jawbone and protects it for any future weight-bearing needs.
- No difficulty in speech: Dental implant in The Gambia provides no difficulty in speaking at all. Such a problem can arise in other tooth replacement options where teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble.
- Easiest to care for: They are easy and safe to handle and care for. One can brush and floss normally. There is no need to remove dentures or to use adhesives to keep them in their place.
- Improves self–esteem: Dental implant helps you regain your confidence and smile freely.
Dr. Oni Adeyemi
Dr. Oni Adeyemi is a highly-skilled Dentist with much experience in The Gambia. He serves his patients in his milestone dental clinic. You will find solution to all your dental issues including dental implants and braces in The Gambia at milestone dental clinic. Providing our patients the comfort, ease and best dental treatment with great care and promising hygiene, is our top priority at our dental clinic in The Gambia. If you are interested in any kind of dental treatment, feel free to book an online appointment now!
Process of Dental Implantation
For dental implant in The Gambia, Dentist at Milestone dental clinic does a thorough dental examination of the Patient and X-ray (OPG) is taken to determine if the patient is a suitable candidate for a dental implant. If the patient is a suitable candidate for dental implant, the dentist starts the dental implant procedure.
The process for dental implantation may vary slightly from person to person because everyone has its uniqueness.
The implant body is inserted into the jawbone. When the bone heals around the implant, the dentist will go for the further implant process. As compared to a dental crown, implant crown is much simpler as no preparations for the adjacent teeth are required. The abutment is designed after measuring the appropriate size and referred to the dental lab. Impression is sent to our dental Lab in the UK for fabrication of crown. The lab after making the customized crown and abutment returns them for its delivery. Dentist will confirm the correct fit and function of crown before permanently cementing it into place.